- About Us
- Campaigns & Projects
The Centre for Gender Advocacy (the Centre) is an independent, student-funded, Concordia University organization, mandated to promoting gender equality and empowerment particularly as it relates to marginalized communities. This mandate is achieved through ongoing programming, campaigns, resources, services, advocacy and a commitment to accessibility.
The Centre promotes gender equality and empowerment. We believe that gender oppression is inextricably linked to social and economic justice, and work within a feminist framework that challenges systemic oppressions. To this end, the Centre works in support and solidarity with broader social movements. The Centre promotes gender self-determination, bodily sovereignty, and self-love.
The Centre, guided by its membership, works towards promoting gender self-determination and bodily sovereignty. The Centre fulfills its mandate by:
• Facilitating social action through ongoing programming and campaigns, as well as building coalitions and working in solidarity with grassroots social movements;
• Providing respectful, confidential peer-to-peer support, advocacy, and resources for those who seek it with a focus on harm reduction, empowerment and self-determination;
• Collaborating with volunteers on existing and volunteer-initiated activities;
• Providing a multi-media resource centre and library, open to the public, as directed by membership contributions and requests, that promotes independent local distributors and publishers; and
• Providing an accessible space to facilitate community organizing and action.